Aniplex and the official website for the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Kaiu Shirai (story) and Posuka Demizu (art)'s shonen manga Yakusoku no Neverland/The Promised Neverland announced its main staff and the voice cast for its three main characters: Sumire Morohoshi as Emma, Maaya Uchida as Norman, and Mariya Ise as Ray.
And it is also confirmed that the TV anime will cover the story of the manga from the beginning to the escape from Grace Field House. The TV anime will premiere on Fuji TV's Noitamina midnight programming block in January 2019.
- Director: Mamoru Kanbe (Sound of the Sky, The Perfect Insider)
- Series composition: Toshiya Ohno (Suite PreCure♪, Land of the Lustrous)
- Character design: Kazuaki Shimada (Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara.)
- Music: Takahiro Obata (Welcome to the Ballroom)
- Anime production: CloverWorks (PERSONA5 the Animation, DARLING in the FRANXX)
Main voice cast:
- Emma: Sumire Morohoshi (Ichigo Hoshimiya in Aikatsu!)
- Norman: Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi in Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions)
- Ray: Mariya Ise (Urara Kasugano/Cure Lemonade in Yes! PreCure 5)
— 『約束のネバーランド』公式 (@yakuneba_staff) 2018年8月2日
The manga has been serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump since its 35th issue of 2016 and its latest
10th tankobon volume is released in Japan today on August 3.
Tankobon first and 10th volume covers
Source: Aniplex press release
©Kaiu Shirai, Posuka Demizu/Shueisha, The Promised Neverland Production Committee